Monday, June 2, 2008

My Mission Rap

One night on my mission I couldn't sleep for quite a while so I decided to make my sleepless nights useful and got into the urban vibe and created a rap with some sweet rhymes to express the way I was feeling at that time. I was serving in the inner city of Chi-town at the time and really fell in love with the place and this rap explains what was going on in the life of B-radLey at that time.....So roll out my red carpet and drop me a BEAT!

I just walked out of another project
waitin for the bus got time to reflect

So dazed and confused 'bout where I have been
I ask my companion who are these men

They don't know Jesus ev'n if they try
they live by the gun til the day they die

Why do we go out ev'ry single day?
Answer this question, huh, what d'ya say?

Their hearts are so hardened, what can I do
to help a brotha know that God loves him too?

Open my mouth, tell me what I should say,
help them Father, in Jesus name I pray.

So I go out and do all that I can,
and hope that they all will be a big fan

Of the word that I am 'bout to preach
to have some help is all I beseech.

What, huh, yup time to break it down.

God is my Father, Christ is His Son.
The prophets they send have helped me a ton.

Agency is giv'n to all of us
This life is a test so don't miss da bus.

Jesus Christ was here, he prepared da way,
but eventually his church, it all fell away

Apostacy happened both long and old
Period of darkness had been fortold

By Amos, Paul, ev'n Christ himself
Homeboys Bibles would just sit on a shelf

Til one night a boy read what James did say
If ya have a question ask God and pray.

Da boy was Joseph Smith he did just that,
knelt down in a grove, took off his hat.

Told God the thoughts that were on his mind,
so many churches and beliefs, had em feelin blind

Both God and Jesus came down in a light
pillar from heaven, brilliant and bright

They told em to join none, da church was not here
But the time of its coming was soon to be near.

He would be da prophet to bring it back
This disp'nsation gonna have nothing to lack

He translated a book for us to read,
Da Book of Mormon is what we all need.

It will teach us all what we should do
to go to heaven wit our families too.

So search, ponder, and pray and you will see
your eternal potential of what you can be.

So try it, test it, don't take it from me,
Gotta find out fo yourself, dat is da key.

I went camping with a bunch of buddies of mine and a few of us got talking about the mish which got me thinking about my rap and I thought I would share it with all of you. What do you think? Should I quit my day job and take this on the road?

1 comments:

The Bartlett's North said...

Hit the road bro....Christian rap is where you's at!!!! HA!