Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tuesdays Top Ten........a day late

Here are ten of my favorite lyrics to different songs. It is in no particular order.

  • "And so it goes that I never meant to hurt you, couldn't stay but I never meant to desert you. Whole lot of things that I just had to work through, time to heal and restore myself too. Confrontation of my fears and anxiety, cried a whole lot of years, I suffered quietly. I know it may have taken years, I can finally tell you that you were always on my mind. I had to lose myself, so I can make it better. I had to lose myself, I had to lose myself, so I can make it better. Had to lose myself in love, and thats just the way it is." -Lauryn Hill Lose Myself, cmon with lyrics as tight as that how can it not be amazing. Then you mix it with L Boogie's voice. Perfect. A song I listen to when I need validation.

  • "Help me get downI can make it. Help me get down Help me get down I can make it. help me get down. If I only knew the answerI wouldn't be bothering you....Father, help me get down,I can make it. Help me get down, Help me get down I can make it.Help me get down. If I only knew the answer. And if all our days are numbered, Then why do I keep counting..."- The Killers, Why do I keep counting. One of my many favorite Killers songs. I listen to it when I need answers to different questions that I am having in life. Good song, good message.


  • "Is there someone you know, you're loving them so, but taking them all for granted. You may lose them one day, someone takes them away, and they don't hear the words you long to say. I would give anything I own, Give up my life, my heart, my home. I would give everything I own Just to have you back again. Just to touch you once again." -Bread, Everything I Own. This song reminds me of countless family roadtrips growing up. The lead singer of the band, David Gates, wrote the song about his dad after he died. It makes me think of my parents, and how grateful I am to have them in my life.


  • "I was born by the river in a little tent. Oh and just like the river I been a runnin' ever since. It's been a long, a long time coming, but I know A change gon' come. oh yes it will. It's been too hard living but I'm afraid to die. Cuz I don't know what's up there beyond the sky. It's been a long, a long time coming, but I know A change gon' come oh yes it will." -Sam Cooke has one of the best voices of all time and you couple that with an anthem of the promotion of equality and you have a great classic song. I will also reccomend a rendition of this done by Lauryn Hill when she was with the Fugees that is fantastic as well.

  • "How many years can a mountain exist, Before it's washed to the sea? Yes, 'n' how many years can some people exist, Before they're allowed to be free? Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head, Pretending he just doesn't see? The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,The answer is blowin' in the wind." -Bob Dylan Blowin in the Wind. Great song from one of the greatest American songwriters of all time. I am a hippie at heart and love this song.

  • "Yeah, my girlfriend takes me home when I'm too drunk to drive And she doesn't get all jealous when I hang out with the guys. She laughs at my dumb jokes when no one does. She brings me mexican food from Sombrero's just because(Yeah, just because).... And when I feel like giving up Like my world is falling down, I show up at 3am, She's still up watching Vacation, and I, See her pretty face. It takes me away to a better place and (I know that everything [3x]) Everything's gonna be fine" -Blink 182's Josie. I want to find and date Josie.

  • "So long astoria, i found a map to buried treasure, and even if we come home empty handed. we'll still have our stories of battle scars, pirate ships and wounded hearts,broken bones, and all the best of friendships. and when this hourglass has filtered out its final grain of sand, i raise my glass to the memories we had. this is my wish, this is my wish. i'm takin back. i'm takin them all back." -The Ataris- So Long Astoria. This was one of my favorite bands in high school and this song is inspired by one of my all time favorite movies, The Goonies. It just makes me think back on high school with all the crazy adventures I had back in the day, and I definately raise my glass to those memories. good song.

  • "When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom Let it be, oh let it be. And in my hour of darness she is standing, right in front of me, speaking words of wisdom let it be." The Beatles with Let it Be. A great song of solace for me. I listen to it whenever I need to just let it be.

  • "It was the wicked and wild windBlew down the doors to let me in. Shattered windows and the sound of drumsPeople could not believe what I'd become. Revolutionaries Wait For my head on a silver plate. Just a puppet on a lonely string, Oh who would ever want to be king? I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing, Roman Cavalry choirs are singing. Be my mirror my sword and shield. My missionaries in a foreign field. For some reason I can not explainI know Saint Peter won't call my name. Never an honest word, And that was when I ruled the world"- Coldplay Viva la Vida. Great song, and current theme song of mine.

  • "The sun just slipped its note below my door And I can't hide beneath my sheets. I've read the words before so now I know. The time has come again for me.
    And I'm feelin' the same way all over again. Feelin' the same way all over again. Singin' the same lines all over again. No matter how much I pretend.
    Another day that I can't find my head. My feet don't look like they're my own. I'll try and find the floor below to stand And I hope I reach it once again.
    And I'm feelin' the same way..." -Norah Jones, Feeling the Same Way. Awesome song kinda on the soundtrack of my life right now. Just feelin' the same way.

0 comments: