Monday, June 30, 2008

A Day in the Life- Random thoughts of an insomniac

"I heard the news today, oh boy." That is the way I have felt for the past few days as I have been scrambling to figure out what I am going to do with my life. And one solution to a myriad of different problems was to move back home. Most likely temporarily, but who knows what the future holds. That solved the where am I going to live problem I was having after a few dudes i found to move in to my apartment bailed four days before the the end of my lease. Now there are other solutions to come up with. Like what classes I should take, should I really try to learn Chinese? And there is the whole job thing, somedays I really love it and others it is another story. Hmmm, dating. This I get asked a lot about lately so here you go. I went on this date with this girl who should be perfect for me, she was everything that I thought I wanted in a girl. Those of you who know me know my type and she fit it. She is cool, way hot, and funny. But for some reason the date was just alright. No fireworks, no birds singing, nada. Now I am a dating realist, I honestly don't think those things happen....ever, but the connection on a personal level was lacking, and I am just not shallow, I can't date someone if it is just alright. Luckily it never got far enough for us to lose the friendship vibe and we will still be friends. Then there was another girl who I kinda went on a date or two/hang out kinda thing and really kinda hoped that there might be something there. Unfortunately I don't think she either got that I was layin my flirt down or she just wasn't that into it and has found herself a boo that I now get to hear every once and a while about. Anyways both incidents have been sad reminders of why I hate the dating process. On a different note I have discovered upon moving back home that I have too much stuff. A lot of stuff that I really don't need and will really never need. So next week will be spent getting rid of it. Also my parents have been selected to host the neighborhood block party in their back yard, which means that I need to perfectify my landscaping before the party. For those of you who don't know, I landscaped most of my parents yard, and I want it to look perfect. So that will keep me busy for a bit. Also I am going to have Summerpalooza of a freaking good time with my friends now that I live close again. Check this out Monday smoothie night, wednesday will be volleyball, kickball, frisbee soccer night, and friday is breakfast/parade/ party all day and wall-e at night. And saturday is still up in the air. Heck to the yeah for summerpalooza.

0 comments: