Thursday, July 10, 2008

All These Things That I've Done

"When there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more son, One more son.
If you can hold on, If you can hold on. . . . hold on!
I wanna stand up, I wanna let go
You know, you know - no you don't, you don't!
I wanna shine on in the hearts of men
I wanna mean it from the back of my broken hand
Another head aches, another heart breaks
I am so much older than I can take
And my affection, well it comes and goes
I need direction to perfection, no no no no
Help me out Yeah, you know you got to help me out Yeah,
oh don't you put me on the back burner
You know you got to help me out"
Wow, this song by the killers sums up life right now. The past two days I have been in an irratable mood and am not really sure why. I hate when life kinda plateaus and you are just kinda hanging steady just rowing through the motions with no change in direction. I think this is the worst part because everything is just the same. I reach this point every year around this same time. I think I just get bored when there is no school and there is nothing I am really aspiring for. I work for the man for six hours a day commute for a total of 2 and 1/2 hours a day which I now use wisely, now that I take the train. There will be a blog about my train expiditions later. Anyways, I listened to this song on my ipod as I was trying to fall asleep last night and it hit me upside the head with reality's backhand that wow, this is why I love this band, they can sum up my life with a song.
As a side note I am now addicted to Prison Break and the game Rock Band.
"And when there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more son?
These changes ain't changing me
The gold-hearted boy I used to be . . . .
I got soul but I'm not a soldier, I got soul but I'm not a soldier."

0 comments: