Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My rap off

So here is an embarrassing story- but hey, when honestly don't I have one to tell. So the other night I had a dream, one that I could actually remember- which is huge for me. Normally I don't dream and if I do then I can't remember them. But this one was so amazing I could remember it and pretty vividly. . . . anyways so this particular dream I was hanging out with the crew and we were talking about rap and rappers. Then me and one of my buddies started talking about how each of us could bust out a rhyme on the spot. So he challenged me to a rap off. Yup I felt just like I was in 8 Mile, and my rhyme is a bit Eminemistic-so a bit weak, but overall I am pretty pleased with what my asleep mind was able to come up with for my rap. It is funny and a little creative. I still can't believe I can remember the parts that I can, but here it goes:

So ya wanna know which one of my rhymes is best
I'll stand up and I'll take this test
And when I lay my head down to rest
I will have shown up all the rest
Don't smile at me through those dimples
You see this rhyme it ain't that simpe
I could pop you like a pimple
With you standin there all wonderbread
This is the day you will come to dread
That you ever challenged me
You should ask forgiveness of me
and get down on one knee
Cuz I just showed you that I am the king
My rhyme it is the real thing
Shines brighter than the freshest bling
Its something that can make choirs sing....(There is more but my memory is a bit fuzzy)
So there it is my dream where I do a rap battle with one of my buddies. Needless to say I won that battle. And won the dignity that I am going to lose by posting this, but it was just too funny to keep to myself. Another funny story is I was telling my friend this story in the checkout line of a supermarket. We had to go up to the customer service desk because lines were long and we had less than ten items and the people in line in front of me and the customer service manager overheard everything and she said she would let me rap it from the store's intercom and the guys in front of me along with my friend offered me five dollars a piece to do it. So I did.
Just kidding, I didn't do it I chickened out. Which makes me wonder if I should have been declared the winner in my dream. Would my buddy have done it? If so he should have won.

0 comments: