Monday, June 9, 2008

Movie Reviews.....this is long overdue.

Okay so in the near recent past I have seen the following movies and here are their reviews as well.

What Happens in Vegas:
I went into this movie with little expectations and that could be one reason why I enjoyed it so much, the other reason could be because it was really funny. I am not a fan of chick flicks and for the first hour it was void of being a chick flick. The last thirty minutes were chick flickish but the ending right before and during the credits totally redeemed itself into being a really funny flick. Those who have seen it will concurr. I reccomend this film that I give a hearty 3.5 stars.

Baby Mama:
I went into this film with really high expectations, like 30 Rock or Mean Girls high expectations. Then I learned it wasn't writtten by Tina Fey and realized that it wasn't going to be as good as previously expected. Tina Fey was really good in it and Amy Pohler had moments of being great, Greg Kinnear was disappointing. If Tina Fey would have written it it would have been top notch, since she didn't you can only do so much with a bad script. I give Tina Fey a 3.5 star rating but sadly the movie itself only a 2.

Semi-Pro:
Let me preface this by saying I enjoy basically anything Will Ferrill is in, and it kills me to say anything negative about someone who has brought the joy of Anchorman, Taledega, Blades, and countless SNL skits, but I hate to say it, its like he didn't even try in this flick. I was bored, something I never thought I would say about a Will film. Sad to say but this barely gets the .5 star rating it is getting. I think it is more painful for me than for Will. Sad but don't waste your time.

Kung Fu Panda:
Again let me preface this by saying I generally don't like cartoon movies, I like to consider myself an adult, and stopped watching cartoons when I was nine. But this movie was hilarious. The beginning five minutes was Jack Black gone wild. It was great. Wow, I laughed a lot all the way through it. It is a flick good for everyone of all ages. I give it 3.5 stars. With the opening five minutes getting 4 solid stars.

0 comments: