Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oh the stupid things that I do sometimes

So here is a funny stupid thing that I managed to do. On Friday night a bunch of us went to Brock's apartment to have a barbeque celebrating his new place. After we got done eating we played a game of two hand touch football (because girls were playing) and it was me, brock, and Kriddy against Missy, Chaney, Lawrence and Mike. I was a receiver for most of the game except for two plays when I was QB. During one play as receiver I went for a long pass, caught it and ran it into the end zone. After such an amazing accomplishment I felt I needed to celebrate and since I had not practiced my normal touchdown dances for quite some time I decided to try a round off backhand spring combination. Now it was a colder night and the grass was kind of wet, and I was attempting this on a hill, and I had been slipping and falling all during the football game, and I haven't done that combination in like 8 months, but inspite of these obstacles I honestly thought that I could pull it off and finish an amazing touchdown play the way it is meant to be celebrated. So I ran did the roundoff fairly well, as I landed I felt myself slip but tried to jump through it and bend backwards, unfortunately due to the slippage I did not get the jump right which didn't allow me enough time to bend my back enough to get my hands down on the ground and I ended up landing on my back and head and doing a backwards sommersault and hitting my head again on the ground. I may have given myself a concussion. But I went on to score another T-D and we won the game 3 or 4 to 1. Overall it was a fun game but I think I may need to retire from my gymnastics days. Sad.

3 comments:

mccall said...

i would think that with girls playing, you would WANT to play tackle? just a suggestion....

-mccall

Codye Brynn said...

Hey don't blame the girls for it being tag football and not tackle, most of us girls can handle it! Maybe your hangin out with the wussy girls... ha ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

You know, you might have given yourself a concussion but you looked good doing it! ha ha ha Sweet blog dude, I'm impressed!