Monday, March 23, 2009

The TAP Project-I need your help

The TAP Project is a program created by the US fund for Unicef to raise money to provide clean drinking water for children who do not have access to it. Every day more than 4,200 children die due to a lack of clean drinking water. Unicef has a goal to reduce that number to 0.

The TAP Project began in New York City two years ago when Unicef partnered with major NY restaurants asking them to have their patrons to donate a dollar or more for the drinking water they would normally receive for free. Unicef promised to turn that dollar into 40 days worth of clean drinking water for children in third world countries. The idea grew and this is the first year that it has become a global initiative and the first year it has been introduced into Utah.

I have been lucky enough to help introduce the TAP Project into the Salt Lake area in trying to get restaurants involved and helping to create awareness for this amazing opportunity that we have to really make an impact on the world. I feel overwhelmingly lucky and blessed to be living in a country that I do not have to walk four hours every day to find clean drinking water. Since I am lucky enough to have unlimited clean drinking water I feel it is my duty to try and help those that are not as fortunate as I am.

Please watch this video, it explains the TAP Project better than I can.



If you can't view go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JXbaWQDjZQ

I need your help!

I have been thinking about how the blogging world could be an aid into helping more people aware of the TAP Project and I am literally on my knees begging you to make a post showing the video with your own comments on what you think of the TAP Project begging your friends to do the same. Kind of like a tag, but one that will create awareness of this amazing project and letting people know what they can do to help.

Today marks the beginning of World Water Week and the week the TAP Project is in full form. There is a list of participating restaurants at www.tapproject.org and also for those in Utah www.utahtap.org.

Please post the video and beg your friends to do it as well, the goal of 0 is attainable with your help and the help of your friends.

0 comments: