Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Season 8 of American Idol

So as you all probably know I am an addict of American Idol. Lame I know, but I love music and it is cool to watch people who don't have the opportunities that others have to make it into the business. Anyways I guess I don't need to defend myself, even though I kinda feel like I do. Well finally tonights show has given me a favorite. Her name is Lil Rounds. She rocked Mary J Blige's Be Without You. Awesome. I finally have someone I am really cheering for.




Lil has got some pipes. She is my favorite.












Here are some others that I like.



Danny Gokey: I hate on him a little bit because I think Fox has been exploiting the death of his wife to make him as popular as he is. He has been shown more than any of the other contestants, which again gives him an unfair advantage. Can he sing-yes in the whole Bryan Adams kind of singing. Don't get me wrong I like him, I am just not buying the hype that has gone into making him what he is. If his wife was still alive would he be as popular?-probably not, and it is shameful of Fox to exploit it. I do not give out pitty votes. That said he sooo deserves to be in the top 12, unlike the blind guy. He is sacrament meeting good, not I wanna listen to him on any other day but sunday kind of good.













Ju'Not rocked Hey Delilah. Changed it up enough to make it different but left the important parts the same. He was the best guy of round 3, I hope he makes it to the top 12.













Kris Allen suprised me by doing a classic MJ song and doing it well. Who would have thought a white boy from Arkansas could authentically do Man in the Mirror? He is pretty good.










My Wild Card Hopefuls: Those I want them to bring back.


Megan Corkrey is hot. I kind of have a crush on her, and maybe that is why I am hoping she makes the wild card picks. I know her style of music is limited but I think that it represents a new era of music for women who can't do the powerhouse vocals of Alicia Keys, the hip of Beyonce, or the rock of Pink, but don't want to fall into the dumb pop genre. It is a throwback to 60's jazz/r&b mixed in with a bit of British invasion that is cool, soulful, and chill. Think Amy Whinehouse, Adele, Duffy, Corrine Bailey Ray, or Norah Jones. She has potential.





I kind of have a weird crush on Jackie. She is goofy but she has an awesome soulful rock voice that reminds of Janice Joplin mixed in with Pink when she is actually singing and not being goofy/angry. She has potential and I hope they bring her back even though i think it is doubtful.





That leaves one more spot in the wild card and I hope it goes to either Anoop-Dawg or Kai. They are both really good and I like both of them.

1 comments:

Cristel said...

I love your insight to everything. I am happy to see that we have some of the same favorites!!!