Tuesday, March 10, 2009

24 years and those who made it happen

Hi everybody, or basically the three of you who read this blog. I turned 24 on Saturday. It is kind of crazy for me to think that I am now 24. 24, still single, still working on my bachelors degree, still having to stop at the parental's once a week, still playing practical jokes on people (for my latest one I have to apologize to my friend Brianne at work for.....it was pretty funny though, I am glad you laugh about it now, and I am glad you didn't call me at six in the a.m. when you mysteriously had your alarm go off on a Saturday morning,) and even inspite of still being as immature as I was at 23, I am still your average rockstar. I am glad that being one year older hasn't had any dramatic effects on me yet. It is kind of weird though. I always thought I would be two more steps ahead of where I am now when I used to think about what would happen when I would be 24. I thought I would be graduating this fall because 18 credit hours would be easy, (Ha ha never have taken more than 15 with two of those credits always being tennis classes) thought I would be married or engaged (this is not even close to happening, and right now I don't feel too bad about it), I don't think I will ever stop playing practical jokes (you may just never want me to see your cell phone again, it was such a funny practical joke, sorry again Brianne) and I will probably be a rockstar when I am 80. Thats it, no new profound explaination on the new age, no sudden new plans, no new resolutions.
With that said I do have to thank all my killer friends for making my bday an awesome weekend. First, Friday afternoon my awesome friends at work had a small bday party for me. Thank you Erin, Blair, Mccall, Jenni, Kelly, Wendy, Jesse, Will and everyone else at work. Then that night Christa and Amber took me out to eat at Stoneground, one of my favorite restaurants, and then we met up with Sheldon and saw the Reader (I will blog about the movie later) and then went back to the APT for brownies and ice cream. Then Saturday I went up to O-town to celebrate my birth with my friends up there. They took me to the OG, and then we went back to Missy's for an Office Marathon. Thanks Missy, Kriddy, Chelsie, Tyler, Lawrence, Heather, Brock, Briann, Kellie, Mike, Chiara, and Chantastic. I got a pass to do the I-fly at the Junction (indoor skydiving) and a few other goodies. It was awesome. Thanks.
Then Sunday was the fam's time to party. Both sets of G-parents came over, and my whole family was there (minus Katie who was on a trip and said she will make it up to me). It was a lot of fun. Made out with some loot from the the Parentals and the G-parents, and got some good flicks from the siblings, and the best picture from my buddy Jax. All in all an awesome bday.

Thanks!

4 comments:

mccall said...

Birthdays are the best! It sounds like you had a great one! You'll have to let me know how that indoor skydiving thing goes.

Poor Brianne.

Cristel said...

Happy Birthday!! Crazy to think we all are in our mid-twenties just about. Crazy. Glad to hear you had a happy birthday. Next time you come home you should call me. I would love to see you. My number is still the same. Talk to you later, Cris

Missy said...

Ok so I was reading this entry and at the bottom where you say you made out with some good loot... I misread that and thought it said you MADE OUT WITH SOMEONE!!!! I about flipped and called you on the phone! Glad you had a good birthday!

Leigh said...

Sounds like a great birthday! :)

You deserve it!