Monday, December 29, 2008

Best Songs of '08

Here is a list of what I think have been the best songs of this year. Let me know what you think. The amount that can fit on a CD. Let me know if you want a copy. Not in any particular order. Also the songs are the playlist that plays when you are on my blog so go and check them out (with a few exceptions, some songs I couldn't find to put onto the playlist so they are different songs by the artist or in the case of Beyonce or Kanye I am sure you all have heard that song before.)
1. Human - By The Killers. Deep lyrics, awesome vocals, a great introduction to a new sound for the Killers. Great renovation of an awesome band.
2. Nine in the Afternoon - Panic at the Disco. Again, a great renovation for a band. When I first listened to the album, I thought, "are you kidding me?" I was not impressed. On second listening to, I changed my mind, especially about this song. On third listening, I applaud their effort to be innovative.
3. Better Off Alone - Marie Digby: Great new artist. Awesome voice, good lyrics.
4. Unhappy/Angels On the Moon - Thriving Ivory: Thanks Chantasic for reccomending this awesome band and taking me to their concert. They are amazing. Just as good live as they are on their album. I think they are gonna make it big.
5. Chasing Pavements - Adele: Awesome mix of jazz/pop/soul sound with an amazing vibe to it. Haunting song. Really good.
6. I'd Rather be with You - Joshua Radin: I spend a lot of time on itunes looking for new artists to listen to. This is one I found. This song is awesome. When/if I ever get married this is definately going on the wedding video.
7. Live your Life - T.I. ft. Rihanna: I think it is the best rap song of the year. I really like it.
8. Paper Planes - M.I.A.: I think this is an '08 song, but I am going to be too lazy to check. Awesome song. It was on Pineapple Express, but a friend at work had me listen to it a long time ago. It is a little weird but still awesome.
9. Viva La Vida - Coldplay: I ate, drank, and slept this song. So amazingly good.
10. Change is Hard - She and Him: This is kinda a timeless folk song by Zooey Deshanel's band. Great.
11. Fall For You - Second Hand Serenade: This is just great. Listen up.
12. Take a Bow - Rihanna: One of her best, shows that she is better than the average singer on the radio.
13. Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis: I know it is really poppy but it is just a really good song.
14. Just Stand Up - A bunch of different artists.
15. Drunken Lament - Ludo: Lesser known band that is awesome.
16. Gives You Hell - All American Rejects: I really love this song. Especially right now in my life.
17. Single Ladies - Beyonce: This partially gets on due to the Justin Timberlake/Beyonce skit on SNL, but it is a good song. Also, Beyonce is hot.
18. Heatless - Kanye West: Different change of pace for Kanye but I like it.
19. All Summer Long - Kid Rock: Good Summer song.
20. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz: The version with Joshua Radin. It is by far the better version.
Now y'all tell me which songs I missed. I think it is a pretty good list, but not totally perfect. So let me know.

4 comments:

Missy said...

I read your quote and song of the week. SAD! We are like all not friends anymore. It totally sucks!!!!! Have a happy new year and hopefully next year will end better than this one......

Jeff and Lindsey said...

How about the acoustic version of "Check Yes Juliet" by We The Kings?

Lindsey...at work...gross..SG is getting candy as we speak...

Chelsi Archibald said...

You tube the video of Katy Perry dancing the "single ladies" dance. Pretty funny.

Christa said...

yep! that's a good one... can't wait for my copy. ;)