Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

So, this was my first real holiday away from home since the mission. I am moving home in a few weeks so it didn't make any sense for me to go home. A friend of mine was going to come down here but couldn't end up making it. So I thought that I was going to go through my first family holiday as a family of 1. Yeah....it was every bit as depressing as that sounds......until one of my buddies at school invited me over for Easter dinner with him and his wife and some of our other friends from school and friends from their ward. It really turned out to be a lot of fun, great food, good conversation, and definitely filled up that gap that being away from home and family for the holiday left. I kind of felt like a grown up. Like I know that I am 26, but somehow being a student still, even though it is grad school, still makes me feel like I did when I was 21. And the fact that I am not married blah blah blah and all that stuff also does not bode well for the making me feel older thing. So, time away from home over Easter, having a gap filler with friends down here, makes me one step closer to being an adult, right?

Anywho, Happy Easter, I hope that it was a good one for everyone!

0 comments: