Sunday, February 13, 2011

I am so naive

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was so wise. I thought that I knew everything about everything that one could be naive about. Turns out I am totally naive when it comes to drugs and or drug references. Here is what just happened to me. I am wearing this what I thought was a cool Lucky Brand t-shirt that promoted live green......as in lets make the earth better.



What I thought was a promotion of environmental friendliness in an organically made shirt from one of my favorite brands of clothes.........apparently is really a promotion of marijuana. My shirt is tan, not gray like the pic above, and the plant under the "LIVE GREEN" is blue. The plant....when I first bought the shirt looked like the fronds on a palm tree like this:



It is a wonderful 75 degrees in AZ right now so I thought I would celebrate the warm weather by wearing my pro-environment palm tree shirt to go to the school and study after I got home from church. So I put it on and headed to the school. Parked in the institute parking lot, was walking to the law library, having my weekly sunday phone call with my mom, when this guy I don't know said hey, let me look at your shirt. Taken off guard I did just that. Then he said, "Yeah man, bad ass shirt." To which I hear my mom say, "What is going on, Brad?!?" and I was like, "Thanks." and then walking away, "Some crazy guy really likes my shirt." I walk a little further and I get stopped again by a different person wanting to talk about my shirt. "Dude that shirt is awesome, let me read what it says." You can't tell from the picture above but on the bottom of the shirt there is writing. I never noticed it before, I have only worn this shirt once or twice, under a jacket, so I thought I would take a moment to read it with this polite stranger. He finished before I did, offered up a high five, and said, "yeah man, don't let the man walk on you grasssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!"

This is what the shirt says in smaller writing on the bottom of the shirt: "Give Earth a chance. Take a trip and support the high life. Don't let the man walk on your grass"

Now I remember reading this once before, probably when I bought it. And didn't really think anything of it. But at that moment it hit me. This shirt did not mean what I thought it meant. And the fronds of a palm tree was not on this shirt. It is really this.


Yes ladies and gentleman, that is marijuana. Ganja, the mary jane, the juan valdez, the sweet lucy texas tea. Yeah I knew all of these crazy terms for it.........but didn't really no what it looks like. And now apparently I promote it on the clothes I wear.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I just died laughing. Really Brad? Really??? Oh we have so much work to do with you!

Chelsi Archibald said...

Oh man, this is hilarious. You kill me!

Cristel said...

Brad I freaking love you!!!! That just made my day and made me miss you....