Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am turning 26 in two weeks and I think my body has decided to fall apart before that happens to convince me that I am getting old.

Exhibit (A):
I run 3-4 miles everyday of the week except wednesday (because I play tennis) and Sunday (because I am not sure if running is breaking the sabbath or not.....like I know getting a Jamba Juice or forgotten items to make dinner with aren't, but does real physical exertion count? :/ ) Well yesterday at the gym I started my daily run on the treadmill. And at a mile, I began to feel like I do when I hit 4 miles. My shins were killing me, my feet hurt, my lungs were hurting - which is weird because I don't really get out of breath even at mile 4, so I pushed on for another quarter mile and then had to stop and walk for a bit. Pissed I thought I would just push it out, and that this was going to be a mind over matter kind of thing. I started running again and at half a mile in I thought I was going to die. (a little over dramatic.) But I was going to push through, just make it a mile Brad, just make it a mile. So I did.....and then immediately had to walk again for another minute or two. Then I was going to do it, run another mile, and only made it a half, and said eff it. Matter wins this time.

Exhibit (B):
I don't sleep very much. I average around 4, at most 5, hours a night during the week and about 7 on the weekends. Saturday I woke up at noon thirty.........Sunday I woke up at 1:30(p.m)....Monday I did fine, I woke up at 8am, and then today I woke up at 1pm. I have class at 1:30 and it takes me 40 minutes to get to school park and walk over to the law school and sit down in class. And I needed to shower. So I tried, to make it, but was 20 minutes late, so I decided it would be best to not walk in that late.

Exhibit (C):
I am still exhausted. I feel like I can sleep for another 8 hours no problem. And weirdly enough, I really want to do that. I have never had a problem with not getting sleep, I figure it gives me an advantage on all those people who need their precious 8 hours of sleep because I have an extra 3 hours a day that they don't have. I don't want to lose this edge.

So I am probably getting old........or as my mom said- you sound congested and are coughing.....maybe you are getting a cold.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

1. Re running: were your shoes recommended to your type of feet by a running store? That makes a big difference with shins and stuff. Or maybe I just voodoo-stole all your miles so I can run better, because I have been seriously sucking lately.

2. Spring semester is always killer. You have to take it easy sometimes. Beeeeeelieeeeeeve me. Spring semester sucks.

aje said...

Yup...you've got one foot in the grave, let me tell ya!

(Just like me...)

Oh...except for the running thing...and the whole law-school/being late thing...and I can't sleep in like SOME people...Okay, maybe not so much like me. But yeah, we're OLD.

;-) haha.