Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tuesdays Top Ten....a few hours late

Here is a list of my top ten favorite songs at this time. This is definately subject to change but as of right now there are ten songs that I can listen to whenever and I won't get sick of listening to it. All of these songs follow a quote by Lauryn Hill, "Music is supposed to inspire." In order for a song to be a great song in my book it must make you feel, and all of these songs make me feel.
1. Lose Myself- by Lauryn Hill. This is kind of like a theme song for me right now and has been for a while. It has a good beat, some sweet rhymes, and the lyrics are stellar. In order for a song to be great it has to have those three things, and L Boogie has a way of doing that a lot.
2. Redemption Song- by Bob Marley. Wow, that is all I have to say about this song. Definately inspirational.
3. Let it Be and Hey Jude- by the Beatles. Again two song that makes you feel a lot. The Beatles were great and they are my favorite band of all time.
4. Why Do I Keep Counting- By the Killers. This song reminds me a lot of how I feel sometimes. I think that it is only human to doubt the existence of God or the plan that I know he has for me. I think that everyone does it from time to time. Whenever I wonder if God is really there and I wonder what my relationship is with Him I listen to this song. Here is just a part of the lyric that really strike a cord in me: "Help me get down, I can make it, help me get down. If I only knew the answer I wouldn't be bothering you, Father. Help me get down." Good stuff.
5. Good Riddance- By Greenday. This is just a classic song by a band that used to be great. It is just a good theme song to any good memory you have.
6. Like A Rolling Stone- By Bob Dylan. Dylan is just great and this is probably my favorite song by him.
7. Imagine- By John Lennon: He is probably the best song writer of all time. A perfect world summarized in a song. Great.
8. Tiny Dancer/Rocket Man- By Elton John: Old school Elton John is fantastic. These are my two favorite songs.
9. Everything I Own- by Bread: Bread is classic 70's pop rock. This is a song that the lead singer wrote about his dad who he got into a huge fight with and stopped speaking to him. After he learned his dad died he wrote this about how he would give everything he owns just to have him back again. Great song reminds me of countless family roadtrips.
10. Fire and Rain by James Taylor and Shoot the Moon by Norah Jones: Two songs that really make me think about friendship and how important my friends are to me.

0 comments: