Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tuesday's Top Ten.....a day late. Sorry

Favorite Movies of 2007

  1. Juno: I just watched this for the first time last night and freaking love it. It is hilarious and has a really good message to it.
  2. Atonement: I know, I know, there are some who don't like it at all, but it was such a good show and deserves more credit than it is getting. Great.
  3. The Great Debaters: This was fantastic, it involved so many things that are so important to me, racially equality, politics, debate. It was full of amazing dialogue and told a really important story.
  4. Across The Universe: 4,5,6 are an all out tie, but I had to place them somewhere so I went in alphebetical order. Anyways this is a great show. It fueled my love for the Beatles and the greatness that was 60's rock. It also had characters that filled the role of Jimmi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. The soundtrack is awesome and so is the film. It is really psychedelic all about the typical 60's drugs, sex, and rock and roll. Stellar.
  5. Lions for Lambs: First of all it is not anti-American. I know so many people have heard that it is. It shows so many different opinions on the war in Iraq from all sides. It was stellar with a lot of stellar performances.
  6. No Country for Old Men: This was a great show. It was suspensful and a little crazy but really good.
  7. 3:10 to Yuma: Finally a throwback to classic westerns but actually good. Good story, good acting, an all out great flick.
  8. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford: Great title for a movie and such a good show. Casey Affleck earns major props for his role in this show and redeems himself for Gone Baby Gone.
  9. Into The Wild: This was a very interesting show with a good story. It was very well done and the main actor in it was really good too.
  10. Superbad: As vulger as any movie can be but it was awesome. One of the funniest shows ever there are so many parts to it that make me laugh just thinking about it. Warning not for those who do not like vulgarity.

Other notable movies that were great: Bourne Ultimatum, Transformers, Zodiac, and Hot Fuzz. I did not see There will be blood, but from what I hear it is really good. I will let you know.

3 comments:

mccall said...

When did you watch Into the Wild? I can't believe you didn't tell me!

mccall said...

p.s.. this is mccall

Codye Brynn said...

You really need to update pal, its been far too long..