Monday, November 23, 2009

This is not going to be popular but.....

I regret to inform you all that I have officially decided to leave the blogging world. It has been a good/awkward/interesting journey over the past two years but I feel like it is time to call it quits. A thank you to you all for keeping me company on here, it has been a trip and a half.

Psych. I really had you going. My title however, is what is going to come next. I put the previous paragraph up to hopefully lessen the blow of this next statement. You know, if that is not the case then whatever I am about to say could not be near as bad as the thought of never seeing my blog again......just remember that as you keep reading.

Taylor Swift is possibly the most over rated musician since the creation of music. There I said it and I think that you all really needed to hear it. The truth stings a bit, but just think about her songs and look for any real talent that she may have. Did you find any? Her voice- mediocre at best, often off key and weird sounding (even worse live). Meaningful lyrics- none unless you are a drama filled 15-year-old girl. Guitar playing? I will give her some credit that she can actually play, but as with most pop songs, especially country ones, they aren't that difficult. I get the appeal, finally a good role model for kiddos. Check she has that. I get why kids like her - they have no real taste in music, but you adults, you are what keeps me up late at night.
Apparently she won best artist of the year at the American Music Awards last night. Granted here was her competition: Kings of Leon (an aight band but nothing spectacular), Lady Gaga (America's most prominent transgender since Fergie) Eminem (had a coupla decent tracks on the new CD but has been losing what made him what he is) and Michael Jackson the King of Pop. First of all I am shocked that these are the people who are nominated. Not to go all Kanye on everyone, but I wish he would have interrupted here. Beyonce should have been on that list for the following reasons: If I Were A Boy, Halo, and Single Ladies. Three hits that had to of sold more than any of the others. And I wanna give a shout out to her beau, Jay-Z who I have ridiculed for six years for putting out flat CDs dropped Blueprint 3 which has been the best rap CD since Kanye's College Dropout. Jay-Z the mastermind that he is, pulled out all the stops with collaborations. Who else could put Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Kanye, Kid Cudi, Pharrell, and Young Jeezy all on the same record. Sick is all I have got to say. Sick album. Those two should have won and declared it a tie.
With that said, I will admit I like the new John Mayer song that Taylor Swift sings backup vocals on...........can I reccomend a new stage location for her to sing-behind those who can. Bahahahahahahaha. Deep down you know its true.

4 comments:

Missy said...

If there was a way to send you a Taylor Swift song that would play every time you opened an internet browser and would just play over and over and over again....I would! Your welcome.
-Missy

mccall said...

please delete your blog.

Cristel said...

You are so funny (and so are your two friends that posted before me). But, I agree. I think she is a breath of fresh air in the fact that she is that role model, but I get nervous for every time she sings live. It is not good. Not good. But, I do thoroughly enjoy singing along to her while driving...and/or dancing around the house while cleaning :)

jrpetho said...

I have to agree with you a little on the Taylor Swift thing.....I don't get what all the fuss is about!