Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Big Apple

So I am going to New York. I board a plane in roughly 21 hours and 4 minutes.....but who's counting? I don't mean to sound like a wimp or anything but I kind of have butterflies in the belly, kind of nervous anxiety where my mind can't stop thinking and I feel like I have to be tapping my foot. New York is the place I have dreamed about going since, Idk, forever. I have always thought of myself as an East Coast person, ironic because I have never been to the East Coast. More specifically I always thought of myself as a New York kind of person. I heart big cities. Going to Chicago on the mish confirmed and reinforced my love of big cities. I love the buildings, the people, the diversity, the business, the way you can get lost in a million people yet find yourself kind of thing that big cities encompass. At least Chicago has done that for me. I know that definately I could move to Chicago and I would be perfectly ok. I kind of know that about San Diego and the O.C. as well.

But New York is different. Much much more different. It's New York. Over the past 15 years I have dreamed of going to NYC and have built it into something that I am afraid could easily disappoint. I hope it doesn't. I think NYC is the mecca that progressive thinking Americans must take at least once in their lives. And here I go, on my own little Mecca to the capital of everything awesome.....I think I am about to pee my pants. And I will feel that way until a few days after I get back.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Have SO much fun Brad! I love New York. My friend and I took off for a week there when we turned 21 and it still remains one of my very favorite trips. Jealous of you!

Brianne said...

Dont forget my purse!

mccall said...

You are going to have so much fun. I had no idea of your love for big cities.