Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Real World

"This is the true story... of eight strangers... picked to live in a house...work together and have their lives taped... to find out what happens... when people stop being polite... and start getting real...The Real World."



So, I have decided to do a throwback to 1998 and watch the new season of the Real World. I haven't watched the Real World in seven years, but this new season with two people from Salt Lake, I thought I would give it a try again. And it is awesome. Maybe I mentally never really graduated high school, but for reals guys, it is good. I would check it out if you haven't already. Here are the members of the house with my commentary.

Chet


Chet is definately in my top four favorite of this cast. He is a pretty cool, funny, chill mormon dude from slick city. Remind you of anyone? Ha ha. He is a little full of himself and a little to quick to start a fight, but I am a fan.




Sarah



Sarah is definately the nicest person on the show. She is the go to person for everyone on the show. I think that she will be the one who causes the least amount of drama for others on the show but has a a ton o drama in her real life. Sad. But she is def in my top three as well.










Ryan

Ryan is the funniest one on the show. Ryan and Chet are the pranksters of the show and are hilarious. He also can sing pretty well. Check out the first episode if you want to see it, don't judge it just by the tampon song.




Baya

She rounds up my top favorite four. She is pretty cool, at first I was a little skeptical of Baya. I didn't buy her love for hip hop dance in the beginning, but after thinking about most peeps wouldn't think I live hip hop music, but I do, so I let that one slide. But as the season has continued I have started to like her more and more.




JD

I really liked JD in the beginning, but his drinking problem gives him a totally bad case of drunk foot in your mouth itis. He is really rude to the others in the house and to random strangers when he gets his liquor. Sober JD pretty cool for the most part, drunk one of my least favorite.




Devyn

Boring. Boring. Boring. I had some high hopes for her, but her lack of doing anything exciting has made her the second most boring member of the house. Sorry Devyn the acting and singing career just isn't gonna happen. Go back to school. Harsh deal of reality, but I gotta say it like it is. She is nice though. Also get over Scott. That also is not going to happen.




Scott

And here goes the award for the most boring part of the whole show. Scott, Scott Scott, who let him on the show? Honestly, the only person he can have a conversation with is Devyn and that is because she loves him. Dude lay off the juice and pick up a book or.....I don't know a dictionary so you can learn words and then ask someone to show you how to put them together to form sentences. Ask Devyn, she would be more than willing to help.




Kaitlyn

I will be the first one to admit that I am completely ignorant when it comes to the transgender lifestyle and don't quite comprehend what it is that makes people want to do that, that said, I think she needs to be honest with everyone in the house. She should have came out the first day they were all there, and even more so with those that she dates. If she wants to be taken seriously as a transgender she needs to be honest about her lifestyle. Lying about who you are is never a good thing, especially about this. Anyways she creates a lot of drama on the show which keeps it entertaining.

So there it is, that is the house, someone watch it so I can have someone to talk about it with.

6 comments:

Chelsi Archibald said...

I've caught an episode or two. Mostly I think its hilarious how gay Chet seems to be and he is totally in denial. He makes gay remarks alot. Like he said he thought the body builder dude was cute. WTH? They make fun of him for that on The Soup. But really I just think he is metro sexual, you know just super fashionable and such? I love whats her face with the tatts and piercings, she is just plain adorable and I really think that I would be more like that in another life. I'm down with the Marilyn piercing, its cool looking.

mccall said...

I freaking love this show. And I definitely concur with your top 4, though I would have put Ryan before Sarah. I think I might have a secret crush on Ryan, but I'm not sure yet.

Leigh said...

You forgot why else you love the show - it's in BROOKLYN!

(The general consensus seemed that people here hated them while they were filming.)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! This new season of the Real World makes me laugh. I like your top 4. But I would have put Ryan before Sarah. I like Sarah and all, but Ryan is freaking hilarious! He and Chet together are too funny with their bromance or whatever going on. Ha ha.

Missy said...

Your obsession with MTV disturbs me! I don't understand it....not even a little! I think I read on Eric's Facebook page that Chet was in his mission... I think.....

Jeff and Lindsey said...

Chet - BARF! You know how I feel about him.
Awesome =
Baya
Sara
Okay =
JD
Kaitlyn
Annoying =
Devon
Ryan

I won't even mention Scott since he's not really on the show.