Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Across the Universe. Gone Baby Gone, and In Bruges

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE


I watched this movie with my friends Christa, Amber, and Gregg and I think I was the only one who stayed awake for it all. It is a long movie but I really liked it. It is movie that is based off of Beatles songs. I believe that the Beatles is the greatest band of all time. I love their music and everything that they have contributed to the music industry. This movie does their music justice. Basically everyone in the film has a good voice and does a great job singing Beatles songs. I liked the soundtrack so much I went out and bought it the next morning after watching it and really haven't listened to too much else. One of the songs from the soundtrack is on my the bottom of my blog. It is I wanna hold your hand by T.V. Carpio. It rocks. I will own this movie soon because I really think that it is a movie that I could watch a few times a year and not get sick of it. Now as a warning it is a musical, I think that is the correct term for it, and I hate musicals as a general rule but it was a pretty solid movie. I give it a very solid 4 stars, and the soundtrack 4 and a half.


GONE BABY GONE


This movie was a disappointment for me. I was really excited to see it because it has a pretty good cast. Casey Affleck is great, at least he was in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, but in this one not so much. The same goes for Ed Harris and Michelle Moynahan. And the saddest part of it all was that Morgan Freeman was not up to par. For those of you who don't know I think Morgan Freeman is the best supporting actor of all time. He rocks every movie he is in.....until this one. I guess everyone has to have a bad one sometime but it was sad to see such a great fall into such a sad role. It could have been a great movie but the acting seemed forced and the story a little too unbelievable. There a few parts that were really suspenseful and a little disturbing but for the most part I was disappointed. I watched it with Wes, Jesse, and Jeff and I think they would all agree with my review. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. A mediocre film that will get a 2.75 star rating from me.







IN BRUGES

This was such a funny movie. I went and saw it over the weekend with Wes, Jesse, A.J. and a few other people. It is one of the most vulger movies I have ever seen. But it is so ridiculously funny that I can look past it. I never really thought of Collin Ferrill as a comedic actor before but he was really really good. There were so many funny parts to it. I really don't know how to describe it without giving away too much about it but if you don't mind hearing more f words than the departed with a few more vulgarities than I reccomend this flick. It is a British film I think that is why it was so vulgar. Swear words here aren't as bad there. Anyways I will give it 3 and a half stars. Not a movie I will own but one I will definately rent and watch it again.





0 comments: