Monday, November 17, 2008

New Quote

After a bad day at the office and the upcoming horrible week I am about to have due to an overload of school work, Nicole, a friend of mine at work is letting me steal her favorite Jack Handy quote:
"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway."
Yeah, I kinda wanna be homeless for a while. Just to see what it is like. No work no school = no problems right? I won't be one of the lazy hobos. I will perform a special talent. I don't know what talent that will be yet, but just know that it will be amazing and that it won't be called a trick. I made the mistake when telling Nicole my plan of being homeless to say that I could perform tricks on the street for survival money. After researching why she was laughing so hard when I said that I found out that apparently a trick is what a prostitute calls what she/he does with a customer.

4 comments:

Missy said...

A "trick" huh? I always knew it would come to this... I am very concerned....really. I plan to have an intervention so no bailing this time...

Leigh said...

I definitely know that feeling of wanting to quit sometimes. Good luck with your crappy school week - I'll be having one also!

Chelsi Archibald said...

Yes, I too have contemplated homelessness. Would it really be that bad?

Chelsi Archibald said...

Thanks for your post on my blog. I couldn't agree with you more. I'm sure you know me well enough based on our history and the posts I've made prior to this. I'm not surprised by the onslaught, but I think the numbers are also important to read. LDS members are not solely responsible for the vote. I don't think I could vote one way or the other if it were to come up in Utah. Its inevitable and I think that we will survive it just fine :) Let me know what you think.