Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm Sorry

That Betty Crocker ain't got nothing on me.

I was craving cookies from Ruby Snap (formerly known as My Dough Girl) late last night. But it is closed and in Salt Lake, so today I decided to try and find some recipes similar to my favorite types of cookies sold there and make them. And it turned out pretty awesome. The two types I made are similar to the Ricki (Cocanut dough with almonds coconuts and chocolate chips) and the Maris (Chocolate chocolate chip dough with a carmel center.) So found a recipe for a chocolate chocolate chip cookie with a carmel center and made it but added some pecans to the top of it. Turned out really good. The Ricki was a lot harder to find a recipe for, so I kind of invented one on my own by switching up the ingredients a bit on a standard nestle tollhouse recipe. I decided to make almond dough instead of coconut, which turned out sooooooooooooo good. I have never really made cookies before, so I was pretty impressed with the turnout. Here are the pics:






3 comments:

Amander said...

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed.

But my real question is, did you wear a Betty Crocker style apron while making these?

aje said...

Ohhh...those look SOO good!! If you ever have time in your busy, busy schedule, you are sure welcome to send me some of these on my mission! ;) haha

flpetho said...

Those look yummy! Nice job, I love Ruby Snap too:)