Sunday, January 16, 2011

Three Songs that I can't get enough of as of late

Having driven from Gilbert AZ to Farr West UT and back in the last month gave me a lot of time to listen to music and an audio book. The audio book was World War Z. It was amazing. Now I have to read the book. The audio was great and was probably the 6 best hours of the entire trip back. I love Zombie movies and now books......at least audio books. I also heard Brad Pitt's production company has bought the rights for the movie version, and I can't wait. Ironically it fits in with one of the three songs that I can't get enough of and I am hoping big time that they use this song in it.

Dog Days are Over by Florence + the Machine


Another song I can't get enough of is Boyce Avenue's take on Fast Car. Tracy Chapman, the original artist is someone who has such a unique voice that I didn't think I would live a cover of any of her songs, let alone her best. But I really did this version. Also the lyrics are sooooo good.

Fast Car by Boyce Avenue ft. Kina Grannis.




Lastly, this song kind of sums up the depression leaving home to come back to AZ made me feel. I don't mind it here, I just really miss people up there.

0 comments: