Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Hairy Theory

So, I have this philosophy, that as my hair goes so goes my day. I know that sounds what people may call gay, but I am comfortable enough with myself and my love for Alicia Keys to have this discussion. If I have a good hair day, my day seems to be just as good as my hair. If it is bad, well the day pretty much sucks. Does my hair make my day or my attitude at the beginning of the day shape my hair and the rest of my day? I don't know, I am not a scientist and or a psychic. I have just noticed the correlation, and decided to document it as proof. Here is my proof.


Day of Haircut: Not So Sure. I didn't style my hair, Monica at Knockouts did. Knockouts, or as I like to refer to it, Hooters Haircutting. It is a very fun place to get your haircut. Not only is that title well deserved, but each station has ESPN on on your own personal television. The only thing that seems out of place is that there is not hot wings. And the chicka, in my case Monica, asks which game you would like to watch, and then proceeds to tell you which games are on and who she thinks will win. I somehow always feel suspicious of this, like a happy ending proposal is only minutes away, but the two times I have been there it has not happened. Although, I have never gotten a massage there (yes they are offered) so who knows. I for one, am not going to try and find out. Anyways, I can never be sure of my hair after someone else does it. It usually looks alright, but never quite like me.




A few days later: Figured Out What to Do with It = Good, long, productive, day of going to court and meeting with judges, lots of reading and writing done. Good times for all







Then there was the bad day, where I went into the bathroom after showering to do my hair and said out loud, "Eff it. Not today folks, just not today" and that was basically my attitude for the rest of the day resulting in this tragic mess at the end of the day



And then today, I woke up and thought you know what, life- not too shabby, and this came about:


Why? This may or may not be a question going through your head at this very moment. Why is Brad blogging about this? Did he really take this many pictures of himself?

Well let me tell you. 1. I don't know. 2. I really don't know why I blog about the things that I do, just deal with it. 3. Yes, I really did take this many pictures of myself. Its called a webcam, it makes taking random weird photos of yourself very easy.

I have always had this hypothesis of as the hair goes so goes the day. And I wanted to share that random oddball fact, and see if anyone else concurs.

Also, I hate going to anyone that I don't know cut my hair, they don't know me or how much my hair apparently will affect my day. My friend Jamie used to cut my hair and always did an awesome job. Then my sister started cutting my hair, and does an awesome job. My hair was getting too long and couldn't wait until I went home for fear of a constant time of picture number 3. So I went to Monica, she seems to do a pretty decent job......but Katie is just as good and free. Luckily I go home for Turkey day soon and Christmas, and the free hair cuts I have enjoyed for the past few years will be back and hopefully so will more days like pic 2 or 4.




4 comments:

aje said...

Okay - love the post! It makes me laugh. Mostly, because it's so true for me, too. I concur. :)

jrpetho said...

I like your hair cut! Hope school is going good:)

Leigh said...

I dig the haircut!

kathryn clara said...

listen...I fully support your theory.