Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My life as a soundtrack Sept. '08

Here it is finally. The complete September '08 soundtrack finished and ready for your listening pleasure. Because I enjoy procrasitnating studying I found time to create the playlist for you down at the bottom of the screen so now you can listen to my September '08 playlist. Hope you enjoy it. I know I do. Thats what she said.

  • "Just Stand Up" -Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, Natasha Beddingfield, Leona Lewis, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Ethridge, Rihanna, Ashanti, Ciara, Keisha Cole, Fergie, and a few others. Awesome colaboration song about fighting cancer. Also a good pick me up song. Here is a part thar sticks out to me, "The heart is stronger than you think, It’s like it can go through anything. And even when you think it can’t it finds a way to still push on, though Sometimes you want to run away, Ain’t got the patience for the pain And if you don’t believe it look into, your heart the beat goes on I’m tellin’ you that,
    Things get better, Through whatever. If you fall, dust it off, don’t let up"
  • "Vindicated" - Dashboard Confessional. Explains a few things in my life so well. " I am Vindicated. I am selfish I am wrong. I am right, I swear I'm right. I swear I knew it all along. And I am flawed ... But I am cleaning up so well. I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself." In my life there have been a few people who have, even at my worst moments tried to make me feel good about myself. I am now just beginning to clean up so well - you know trying to come into my own again. Its hard but I will pull through.
  • "Wake Up Call" - Hayden Panetierre. Basically only on because I heard it on a commercial she is doing for Candy's and I kinda liked it but needed to hear more of it. I am beginning to think that I just liked watching her in the commercial. Just a generic pop song.
  • "So What" - Pink. I appreciate her honesty and she has a cool voice. It is just her newest song.
  • "She Had it All" - Panic At the Disco. This is sort of a trippy song from Panic's latest album but it is really catchy if you listen to it more than once. I really like it. You will think it is weird at first but let it run through a few times.
  • "Almost Lover" - A Fine Frenzy. I am not going to lie....I saw/heard this on an episode of the Hills. It explains a lot about my old dating life. Sigh.
  • "Landslide" - Smashing Pumpkins. The best version of the song. Followed by the Dixie Chicks version.
  • "Stolen" - Dashboard. I was in a Dashboard mood at the beginning of this month so there is another song as well by them on this list.
  • There's Hope" - India.Arie. The reason I love her in song form. Also reminds me that I need to just be happy with what I have.
  • "Pieces of Me" - Ashlee Simpson. I know what you are thinking, did he just turn into a 14 year old girl? No, it is just a good song.
  • "Sugar We're Going Down Swinging" - Fall Out Boy. Their best song.
  • "Dark Blue" - Jacks Mannequin. Cool song.
  • "I'm gonna Find Me Another You." -John Mayer. Who would have known he could sing the blues like that. Awesome break up song.
  • "Screaming Infedelities" - Dashboard. I was just in the mood to hear a lot of them.
  • "California" - Phantom Planet. This was the theme song to the O.C. I never watched it but I am told I should. Awesome song that makes me want to go back to Cali.
  • "Pressure" - Paramore. Alright song from an alright group.
  • "Listen" - Beyonce. Wow this song proves that Beyonce can SANG. That is ghetto for someone who can sing really good. Everyonce and a while I will question my love for her and then I listen to this song and it makes me fall in love with her all over again.
  • "If I Fail" - Cartel. One of my favorite newer bands. Not my favorite song by them but it is awesome.
  • "Dreaming With A Broken Heart" - John Mayer. Probably his best song....ever.

1 comments:

mccall said...

Ummmm, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a copy of your "September 2008" mix. You've got a real talent there, B-Rad.