Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October and maybe November Playlist

Yeah it is a good one this go around. And I am a bit late with this so this may do for November, we'll see.
1. Human by The Killers: Awesome song. Really deep with some religious undertone, something I appreciate by the band a lot. "Are we human or are we denser?"
2. Love Lockdown by Kanye West: Kanye can sing, cool song, cool beat. I like it a lot.
3. Wild Horses by Alicia Keys and Adam Livine: Maybe my favorite Adam Livine (Maroon 5) Very soulful and a just an all around solid song.
4. Live Your Life by T.I. ft. Rihanna: T.I. is becoming a favorite rapper by me and no one is better to do a song with than Rihanna.
5. I'm Yours by Jason Mraz: This one is the better version of the two. Listen to the song at the bottom of the blog. There is one that is out on the radio a lot but this one is different. It features Joshua Radin.
6. I'd Rather Be With You by Joshua Radin: New artist I found playing on itunes indie pages. Great song.
7. Tell You Something (Nana'a Reprise) by Alicia Keys: Powerful. In my top four Alicia Keys songs. Has a whole lotta meaning.
8. The Resolution by Jack's Mannequin: Great song.
9. Father and Son by Cat Stevens: This song tells a story of a father and a son and the contention that exists between the two. I love it because I think that everyone can relate to it so well. I have only had maybe two serious arguments with my dad or with my mom for that matter but this song can totally tell how I feel sometimes. I am at a dramatic point in my life where decisions have to be made. I can feel both the dad's voice in the song and the son's voice pulling me in different directions. Each have an unknown and semi-scary outcome for me. Just don't quite know which one to follow.
10. Everything Will Be Alright by Joshua Radin: Seriously check this guy out, my pick for the next Jason Mraz.
11. All These Things That I've Done by The Killers: I've got soul but I'm not a soldier. Words I live by. ha ha
12. Better In Time by Leona Lewis: Just a good song, she has a cool voice.
13. Lucky by Jason Mraz ft. Colby Coleit: Awesome colaberation. good song.
14. Disturbia by Rihanna: freaky song but cool.
15. My History by 16 frames: My new Hills band I found and like a lot.
16. Perfect (Acoustic) by Army of Me: Again another Indie find on itunes. "These days it feels that everything is changing. Used to be that every stride, you were standing by my side. But now it feels I’m walking on a tightrope, As I try to balance out how to make you proud. One day I’ll be perfect, I’ll be so extraordinary. I will shine, I will radiate"
17. I Don't Care by Fall Out Boy: Basic song from a decent band. Worth listening to.
18. Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day: I swear September never ended.

0 comments: